i entered a youtube contest. check it out!
Posted by antithesis Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 4:52 PM
twilight actress-insprired make up
Posted by antithesis Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 7:03 PM
saw this tag post on a couple of blogs now. fill in your answers:
1. Do you apply your foundation with a brush, sponge, or fingers?
I apply my foundation with a brush.
2. Do you apply your eyeshadow from light to dark? or dark to light?
3. Do you prime your eyes?
Yes, too faced shadow insurance
4. Concealer first, or after foundation?
5. Go for manicures, or manicure yourself?
I usually do my own nails. manicures for special occassions.
6. Exfoliate lips, face or both?
I exfoliate my face, but never do my lips.
7. On average, how long does it take you to do your makeup?
8. Do you wear makeup everyday and everywhere?
ive been wearing less and less lately
9. What release are you most excited about? (Makeup)
10. What's your weakness? Shoes, purses, clothes, jewelry, eyeshadow, lipstick or other?
11. Do you whiten your teeth?
12. Wax eyebrows, or pluck?
13. What do you use to contour?
i dont usually contour. looking to change that. any suggestions?
14. False lashes, or natural?
15. Favourite makeup brand?
16. Liquid eyeliner, pencil or gel?
I'm currently loving gel/creme liner.
17. Lipstick, lipgloss or chapstick?
18. Pigments, pressed or cream eyeshadow?
19. If you had to wear only one thing, excluding foundation; what would it be?
20. Favourite color?
21. Favourite color combination?
blue and yellow
22. Natural? or Dramatic? (Eye Makeup)
23. Do you care more for quality or name brand?
24. Do you enjoy using face masks? If so which ones.
dont have any i use anymore. i used honey a lot senior year of undergrad.
25. What is your current addiction? (example: lipsticks, eyeshadows, earrings..)
im still in my eyeshadow phase but im migrating into blushes. never cared about those before.
Posted by antithesis at 4:37 PM
classes are OVER and i dont have a job or any prospects. here's what i'll be doing in an attempt to maintain my sanity.
daily am workouts
monday: spending the family dollar gift card i won from brown girl gumbo
tuesday: upload a video to youtube
wednesday: jury selection
friday: *double shrug*
anyone wanna help me fill in the blanks? im going to register with greater dc cares and get involved in some projects. i'll also be doing some leisure reading and preparing for the counselor certification exam.
Posted by antithesis Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 10:37 AM
no weight change to report. im not really surprised since ive been eating pretty badly. i went up to 20 minutes on the treadmill and i did it 4 days instead of 3. this coming week, i plan to do 25 minutes and i think i will keep it at 4 days minimum. the likelihood of me doing it wednesday is slim since i have to report for jury selection (please dont let them pick me). i have to be really conscious of my food choices this week so i can have some freedom on the 4th. my sis' bday is the 7th and we usually celebrate on the 4th and there will be crabs and all that good stuff sunday.
aside from working out, im still working on a plan to keep me occupied until school starts in the fall. more on that to come.
Posted by antithesis Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 8:46 PM
5pm today i was finished with summer courses. great. im not used to this. i dont really take breaks. i usually have a job lined up starting in one to two weeks. last year my old job and my new job overlapped and i worked both places for 3 weeks, i think. this year looks way different. first of all, i couldnt work because i had internship and a full class schedule. second, im not up to do just any job anymore. i want something in my field/relevant to the degree im working toward. im too old to deal with the bullshit (an low pay) of retail. i cant be your office manager or whatever if you want me doing dishes and making coffee. im not working on two degrees to be a glorified housekeeper.
maybe im being an arrogant asshole. maybe im simply self-aware and i know what i want and dont want. whatever the case, i have no idea what to do with myself until classes resume in september. i probably wouldnt care so much if i werent broke. had i been working this past year, i'd have money saved and i could go places and i'd be fine. but no. that is not the case.
im going to try not to stress. it's not going to be a huge problem until december 10 when im unemployed AND done with school.
Posted by antithesis Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 8:32 PM
teddy bears. i LOVE them. if i did have a kid, their nursery would be yellow with bears. bears were the only stuffed animals i held onto when my mother went on a rampage and threw away our toy bin. we had collectibles in there: a working teddy ruxpin, a pink panther projector set, and other awesome toys that belonged to myself and my older sibs. also, my barbies are all long gone. even the ones i thought were cool b/c my sister gave them to me and they had 70s outfits.
i have probably 8 teddy bears piled up in a corner in my room. i took some of them to college with me, got some more there, and got one when i came back home. theyre really useless to me now. i slept with the occasionally as recently as last year when i was having a bad time but ive kinda outgrown them. i know there's one i will keep that used to change color when u washed it but my mom washed it in the wrong temperature water and it stopped working. now it's in some hybrid of pink/purple. ive had it for longer than i can remember and i cant part with it. the rest, i think i will donate.
do you have any things from your childhood still? where are your stuffed animals? What are you keeping them for?
Posted by antithesis Monday, June 21, 2010 at 1:30 PM
i'm thinking about going back to blot powder simply because i can carry it for touch-ups throughout the day. also, the translucent powder is only so translucent as it's white and sometimes can leave my skin looking ashy.
Posted by antithesis Sunday, June 20, 2010 at 2:52 PM
i am -3 on my 24 by 24 goal. 21 more lbs to go! as a reward, i get to buy myself a clarisonic as a bday present. ive been trying to win one through blogs and contests for a year now. no luck. i have to breakdown and buy this myself if im going to have it. if i dont reach my goal, i'll have to wait until some other time. idk when but not as near a future as my birthday. i didnt run friday, saturday, or sunday so im a bad girl for that. but ive been watching what i eat and making more responsible food choices. back to the treadmill tomorrow morning. also, it's my last week of summer school so after this week, i can go super hard on the workouts and not really worry about my appearance afterwards since i dont have a job/internship/class. this got to be just a little longer than i'd planned. ttyl.
Posted by antithesis Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 5:03 PM
at 23 years old, i should not weigh...what i weigh. the goal is that i lose 24 lbs by the time i turn 24. that's october 2nd so i have PLENTY of time. i'll try to periodically update you on my progress. i'll put something like "currently at -5 lbs" or something. idk. here's the plan starting out (subject to change):
1. more water intake, baseline pretty much none
2. minimum 15 min/day physically activity (running/walking)
3. healthier food choices
it will get more specific and adjustments will be made. i cant keep doing the same thing because my weight will plateau AND i get bored. mind and body are connected so if im bored, i know im no longer getting results and i will need to change.
any tips for weight management/healthy living?
Labels: weight loss
Posted by antithesis at 8:40 AM
- loreal studio secrets magic perfecting base- provides for a more even make up application and banishes shine $12.99 (got for $4.35. on sale this week @ cvs + $5 coupon)
- small lifestyle changes- drinking more water, making better food choices, moving more
- a true summer break less than a week away (the end of summer classes)
- not working
- not working
- summer classes
- my current weight
- my blackberry (wish it was time for an upgrade)
Posted by antithesis Tuesday, June 15, 2010 at 9:35 AM
i need to get back focused. ive gained 8 lbs. i cant afford to gain ANY poundage. i am supposed to doing subtraction and im facing additions.
1. in order to get back to working out, me and alcohol have to end our friendship. this should be easy since im unemployed. i cant be spending what little money i do have at the bar.
2. i have plenty of reasons to get back into it. one is i sleep better when ive been wearing myself out.
3. im going to need some help developing a plan. i dont see myself traveling across the city to use the gym on campus. plus you have to be enrolled in classes for the current session to gain access and my classes end next thursday. my options are pilates, p90x, and my mom's treadmill.
4. i have a butt load of excuses not to do anything but the feeling of not doing anything is starting to feel worse than just suffering through a daily workout.
5. what do you do to get started? the biggest obstacle for me is just starting. once im already working out, i feel good and i certainly feel good after. i gotta get over the first hurdle day after day.
6. to start, i know i need to get the toxins out of my system. ive been hitting wendys and mcdonalds and other bad places more than any human needs to and the alcohol consumption over the last few weeks (especially wedding weekend) was inappropriate. oh, and the cookouts... there's no question where those 8 lbs came from.
and why is this post numbered? see, i need exercise b/c my brain is also fried. the poor decisions ive made and the dumb mistakes on assignments lately...wow!
Posted by antithesis Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 1:05 PM
Growing up, my brother would do things that were unsafe and poorly planned with hilarious results. Last night, at his wedding reception, was my chance to live the life of spontaneous idiocy. Prior to the introduction of the bridal party, people were planning their entrance. One engaged couple was planning to have the future bride ride in on the future groom's back. Said groom gave me and my brother-in-law the bright idea to have me walk in ahead, spread my legs, and he slide through. After 3 white zinfandels this sounded like a brilliant idea. I bet most of my brother's bright ideas after age 21 were birthed after consumption of alcohol. We knew this mission was pass/fail going into it. It was indeed a fail. Brother took off before I finished walking in and I didn't spread my legs enough so he took out my left leg and I hit the ground...hard. And everyone saw my underwear.
Posted by antithesis Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 11:56 PM
i love zoe saldana. i stan for her. i also stan for reagan gomez. just realized that about two minutes ago. who am i forgetting? let's review my celebrity loves of all time:
1. lena horne (rip)
2. jada pinkett
3. pam grier
4. stacey dash
5. halle berry
6. regina king
my classic recipients of my adoration and admiration are aging (though still super FLY) and i thought i'd give my list a little update. who's on your list? do you even have a list?
Posted by antithesis Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 3:12 PM
I can't be on top of everything. When stress levels are running high, I'm subseptible (sp) to the okie doke. It's also possible that I knew what I was doing and control of the situation got away from me. It was a combination of the two. Idk. Whatever it was did nothing for my self-esteem because at the end of the day, I'm not expressly proud of what I did or the risk I took with my physical/mental well-being. I could give a hell what anyone else thinks of me. What matters most is that I'm not happy with the result. Would I feel somewhat better if aspects of the situation were different? Sure. But I can't build my dreams on "coulds". - can't expect them to withstand anything any more than I can see clouds as being a solid foundation. Shit is not unicorns and glitter over here.