welcome week

Monday, August 31, 2009
today marks a day of return. i'm returning to my blog (maybe still sporadically) and it's back to school time. classes start and all hecticness begins for me today.

remember those staples commercials where the father is DELIGHTED that his kids are going back to school? ive gone from not thinking they were very funny to actually enjoying them but they still remind me of unpleasantness. they are my unofficial end of summer once they start airing. before, it was my own return to school that pissed me off. now, not only am i going back to classes (which isnt nearly as bad), i know that area kids are back in school. that means: louder/more crowded bus rides. not to mention my high school, located in the middle of my grad school campus, has finished being renovated and has re-opened. the area is crawling with rowdy teens and guess what? the building i'll be in most doing my practicum is literally next door to the school. almost touching!

what's practicum/internship? expect to see posts about the rigors of a counselor-in-training in the coming months. you'll know more than you want about how complicated they are trying to make my existence. unfortunately, i cant share anything with you that's confidential such as details about my clients. i know, that sucks b/c i really want ya'll to know some of this stuff, but i'll try and keep it interesting.


3 thought(s):

Phyllis Bourne said...

My dh and I have to control ourselves not to stock on school supplies... uh, no we're not in school and we don't have kids. We just fricking love school supplies.

So have a wonderful school year, hon! I know you're make me proud!

T said...

Staples is one of my firm's clients. Gotta love 'em.

Look forward to more regular posts and the counseling updates minus the juicy client details.

Product Junkie Diva said...

lol @ the commercial. Where has the summer gone, it just flew by for me and I'm not happy about that!!!
Wish you the best regarding everything that you have on your plate.
PJD