looks better on us anyway

Thursday, April 29, 2010
i cant STAND cosmetics companies that completely ignore deep skin tones. why is your darkest tinted moisturizer "warm beige", hourglass? i have a creamy hot cocoa situation and a "warm beige" will look as if i forgot moisturizer and put on baby powder instead. and seriously? foundations in two colors for african american women but six for white/hispanic chicks? in my experience, white folks are either pale or not. maybe THEY should be the ones disenfranchised and getting two shades...

there's quite a few sections of sephora i never visit for a couple of reasons. 1)the packaging has images of only white women 2) the color collection is not brown girl friendly 3) they never use a brown girl in their ads

why the disparity? colorful eyeshadows, blushes, and lipsticks look GORGEOUS on dark skin tones. but im not a fan of face color with no foundation so what are brown girls supposed to use. the options are slim and that's why everyone and their mother gets either mac or mufe foundation b/c most other brands dont have a shade thats complimentary.

am i the only one upset by this? am i overreacting?

3 thought(s):

Phyllis Bourne said...

I wear Bare Escentuals. They offer a good range of colors, however the coverage is light.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. I don't wear Mac because it's too expensive. I found a good tinted moisturizer from Jane Cosmetics that I like. The downside is they only have one dark shade, and it's not even that dark! Luckly it matches my skin color. I don't understand these companies, they're missing out big time on the brown skin market. We like make-up to!

Product Junkie Diva said...

I am right there with you on this one, although i don't wear foundation, eyeshadow and blush. However I know that my pals have a hard time finding foundations that match their tone. That's why I would place more emphasis on makeup companies owned by people of color or at least the companies that try to present products for various skin tones. Illusions cosmetics, AJ crimson's foundations, black opal and covergirl come to mind....
PJD