i'm going to get a t-shirt with a link to this post...

Wednesday, May 7, 2008
...and i'll probably place a copy of this info. in the envelope for my announcements. here are the answers to frequently asked questions:





1. Q: when is graduation?
A (i want to give): if you have to ask, you are not invited or you don't matter
A (i will give): May 18th

2. Q: what are doing after graduation?
A: graduate school- George Washington University, M.A. Community Counseling

3. Q: What do you want to do with that?
A: *pause and blank stare* i want to be a counselor. no particular type, just a counselor. i'll do marriage, substance abuse,
guidance, whatev'.
4. Q: Where are you going to live?
A: *wonders if you are offering room/board* with my parents, rent free

5. Q: Are you sure you want to be back home with your parents?
A: *still wonders if you are 'putting in on this'* YES

6. Q: Really? You are going to work full-time, too?
A: *seriously, are you feeling like a philanthropist?* yes, if someone will hire me in this economy.

7. Q: How was Spelman? (or some variation thereof)
A: i cannot sum up 4 years of my life nor can i create a visual for you to understand an experience that is different for
everyone. in general, college is what you make it. the name of the school changes but little else. i will suffice it to say
"good or bad, i am richer for the experience".

5 thought(s):

Product Junkie Diva said...

First of all ..LOL
#7 is just so true, college is really what you make of it.
You are one day closer to May 18th yay.....
Product Junkie Diva

T said...

LOL. You could also get a shirt that says "Get off me." That pretty much answers all of the questions as well.

antithesis said...

PJD- the approach to 05-18 is bittersweet

T- yes, my t-shirt collection will be extensive. im good wit "get off me". i find phrases i want put on a shirt almost daily. g

Don said...

*wonders if you are offering room/board* LOL. I knew there would be some included sense of humor.

I didn't know you were going to be a counselor. I think that's a good thing. You appear to have the voice needed in order to truly talk with a person.

And your answer to number 7 is what I close my eyes and imagine a Spelman graduate saying. so firm.

Ananda said...

well, you told everyone.... go girl.