things i'll do when/if i have kids

Monday, March 31, 2008
#2

i will watch whatever they are watching on tv. cartoons aren't just for kids. they have subtle messages that are meant for the adults watching them. that's what helps get parents in the movie theaters to take their kids and is a hint that what you are supposed to be doing is spending time with your kids. tv and dvds are not baby-sitters.


5 thought(s):

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hey Antithesis,
I totally agree with you.
Product Junkie Diva

Ananda said...

i agree with you and pjdiva. tv is deep. we have to monitor the messages even for ourselves.

Don said...

DVDs are definitely not for kids.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I couldn't agree more!

The F_Uitlist said...

Amen to #1, I am the mom of a 21 month old and I would never take him to the cinema. Recently I saw Meet the browns and there were TONS of kids from 2-10 there. The 2 year olds mother kept yelling at him and threatening to beat his ---. I was disgusted.

as for TV my little one watches Barney and The Little Einsteins and that is it. And if I don't feel like watching them with him then the TV goes OFF and we get out of the house.