1. i have stuff to say- i normally dont go around commenting for the sake of commenting. i actually have an opinion on the topic discussed, i have a question, or i just feel like sharing
2. i like being acknowledged- i love a blogger who replies to all comments (or at least tries to). even if i dont get a direct reply, i like seeing that people got responded to and not just one or two folks who the blogger is friends with.
3. it brings people to my blog- the only reason i have the 5 people who i know read this blog now is probably because at some point in the very beginning i said something on their blog or the blog of someone they follow that interested them enough to see what im all about. i also know, for me, that is just one of the ways i stumble across new blogs to follow.
4. i like to talk shit- i like to rant, complain, and poke fun at stuff and if you provide an open forum for me to do so, i will take advantage.
5. i like to win stuff- sometimes getting free stuff is as simple as leaving a comment on someone's blog.
6. i like to be supportive- i think one of the most supportive things you can do for a blogger is to let them know you're out there. i comment on well-established bloggers' posts because sometimes when you're huge, you get a bunch of entitled ass followers who are rude as hell and extra demanding like they're you. i just like to throw some kindness in the mix and remind them that there are still people who exist who realize that they're human!
so why do you comment?