how do you feel?

Monday, April 28, 2008

i just found out that everything i ever used was tested on an animal in some stage of it's creation process. i don't know how i feel about that. though i don't often, i eat meat. i eat chicken, i eat fish, i eat crabs, i eat shrimp... also i consume dairy.




is one form of torture more justifiable than another? animals are slaughtered so i'll have something to eat and there are others with short, miserable lives so i can look decent. moreover, testing on rats and other animals with similar a genetic make up to humans is how we get all the vaccines and medicines and treatments i appreciate when i get sick. which is worse?




what are your thoughts on the whole animal testing thing?



here is where you can find lists of companies that do and do not test on animals:


7 thought(s):

Don said...

honestly, i think life is about self-preservation; survival; and only the strong will survive.

humans are stronger than animals, so i realize how that's how its going down. there is nothing we can do about it, antithesis.

except pull up to the table and eat. lol. just trying to make you flash those dimples.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hey Antithesis,
I love animals but I also like meat...ooh the dilemma!
I was a vegetarian for 2 years of my life and I felt great, it was a good period for me but here I am again, a meat eater.
I think if the death of an animal will serve a real purpose such as diner then I will tolerate the killing (wow that comment just caused me to think about giving up meat again). However, killing for fashion is not allowed in my book. Animal testing, sadly is another area where I will condone testing animals....
Oh this all sound so horrible...off to reconsider my take on this topic....
Product Junkie Diva

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I'll probably have PETA after me, but I really am not an animal lover so I don't get riled up about stuff like this. I know I'm wrong, but I was never raised around pets, so I have little connection with animals.

I know it's wrong to torture them, but I like chicken, shrimp and salmon. :-(

antithesis said...

@don- you are a character!!!!!

@PJD- i tried that vegetarian thing but it didnt last too long. as far as fashion, i dont care too much for leather jackets and fur coats. even coats with fur trim are usually unattractive to me. i accidentally bought a baby phat jacket that had real fur trim and was like "oh well, it's already dead, no sense in taking it back..."

@BGG- LOL!!!! i felt that way until i saw some traumatic video footage. highly disturbing. clearly, it did not deter me too much.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Oh when I mentioned that I don't support killing animals for fashion I had completly forgotten about my leather jackets and SHOES LOL...I guess I was really talking about furs since I dont wear those...lol yes I am totally biased..lol
Product Junkie Diva

antithesis said...

oh dang, shoes!! yea, i need those, sorry. im not giving up the cute shoes...

T said...

I'm actually not surprised that products are tested on animals. I'd rather find out and ingredient in shampoo is killing, maiming, giving rashes to or just plain drying out (when it's supposed to moisturize) an animal than a person, so it doesn't really bother me.

And I wear leather, (would wear fur if I could afford it). I eat ALL meat (red meat, pork, chicken, fish, I even tried Bison when I was in Denver).

So yeah, PETA would not be happy with me AT ALL.