one should not propose to me without knowing:
1. you're getting an engagement ring, too. i am not walking around with a 'sold' sign or a training-ring while you are "[finger]-loose and fancy-free". so guess where we are going in the morning? Zales or Kay.
2. if i decide i'm going to have your child, the nursery will be a shade of yellow clearly picked out for you and the decor will have teddy bears. this is not up for discussion. i will go away for a weekend and you shall have that done. you may attempt it yourself, knowing i will have you do it over if it is not right, or you can break down and hire a professional. the choice is yours.
3. i will not cook for you every night. some nights, it will be "your turn".
4. if you snore, you are getting your own room!
5. i do not care what team you are a fan of, there will be a room in the house dedicated entirely to the dallas cowboys. have you seen that Eastbay/NFL magazine page??? something similar to THAT! (this will probably only be a serious problem for you if you are an eagles or redskins fan, in which case, we wouldn't be getting married anyway).
this is just what i have thought about so far because i really haven't given it much thought. i still have little to no interest in nuptuals however, i am constantly made aware of the inevitability that "someone" is going to propose to me. as to why he would do that when he can almost be certain i will say 'no' is beyond me. but just in case one day i am in one of my passing moods and want to get married and he (or whomever i'm seeing at the time if it's not him) should so happen to ask, he should know...