another one

Tuesday, June 17, 2008
do you have a collection of products that you don't remember if you like them or not? i came across some things and was like "do i like you? if so, why don't i use you more often? if not, why are you still here?". i had this moment with soft & beautiful botanicals shampoo, conditioner and leave-in. it was their repair kit, i picked up from walgreens a while ago for like $5. i guess that's my favorite price. 

prior to getting ready for an interview thursday afternoon, i decided to straighten my hair. after my two mile run, i knew my hair needed a wash. i thought to myself, i want my hair pressed but it's just going to revert tomorrow when i work out again. i need to preemptive-ly treat the stress i'm causing. so i reached for this:















product: soft & beautiful botanicals hair repair kit

description: the fortifying shampoo leaves your hair completely stripped of any moisture. it's crunchy and if i ran my hand over it, it would probably make a *squeaky* sound. the reconstructing conditioner is thick and creamy, yet does nothing to rectify this situation. my hair was still dry and now completely stiff. the leave-in, deep penetrating moisturizer, struggled to help but the damage was already done. 

verdict: get a subway footlong instead! i have no idea why this set is lingering around but i do know why it has not been used. i still put the flat iron to my head and my hair produced its own natural oils to facilitate that however, my ends are soooooo thirsty. 

[pilates]

12 thought(s):

Product Junkie Diva said...

Oh noooo. Well thanks for the info on this product. These advertisers have such lovely ads where these women have the best looking hair but now we know it didn't come from these products..lol
Thanks for the heads up.
I hope that interview went well.
Product Junkie Diva

T said...

You are killing me with the Subway footlong references. I mean, I'm dying laughing over here.

I will say though, a quick fix when a product has your hair crunchy, dry, whatever, is to use baking soda as a shampoo. It's clarifying and will take your hair back to its natural state, eliminating all the fillers that products leave.

T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Thanks for the warning. I will not be trying this one! I have a lot of makeup products that I forget about and then remember why I don't use them. I guess I should just toss them out! LOL

antithesis said...

@pjd- the advertisers will get you. they wont get me every single time because i can sometimes tell when the woman simply has a good weave in.

@t- i've heard about that washing w/ baking soda. im going to have to try that!


@bgg- i try so hard not to waste but i am going to have to simple toss some things out. i have to see if my niece still plays with dolls because maybe she can use this crap to wash their hair...

Phyllis Bourne said...

Sorry to hear the repair kit was crap.

How did the interview go?

antithesis said...

about the interview-

it really wasnt one. he didnt ask me ANY questions. lead me to believe he already had someone in mind. i was supposed to hear monday, no word from him. after he described it more in depth, i did NOT want that job so i'm just going to go through with the position i already accepted.

Don said...

hi, ashley, i cannot comment on the hair product. you know me, i use selsun blue and i'm out. but i will comment on the two-mile run, and your exercise regime - i like your determination. i havem't ran two miles since i was in the army.

woe is me.

T said...

Ok, fill a sister in. I thought you were going to grad school? Is this a summer job interview Or are you going to work while in grad school...

I'm confused :(

antithesis said...

@ T-i am going to grad school. is it really odd to work while in grad school? maybe i need to reconsider this. i know my program says im not allowed to my second year because of the internship requirement but i was trying to get some money during the year.

@Don- i cheat and alternate walking and running so it really takes forever to make that 2 miles.

Product Junkie Diva said...

I'm so proud of you, you are doing so well with this exercise..keep it up. I feel off the wagon again!!!!!
Time to get back on.
Product Junkie Diva

T said...

Ok, since it's our duty to keep you on your grind, you HAVE to post today and let us know what your exercise is looking like. Another one of my girls does the same thing, stops posting when she falls off her grind.

So no falling off Missy!