"all them mocha lattes..."

Thursday, June 19, 2008

so here's the thing with my exercise. i'm the type of person who needs to see results QUICKLY. i need instant gratification, not just with this but in general. i guess you can say i'm a rather impulsive person because of this. so anyway, i'm not losing any weight. honestly, that is to be expected. i'm not doing nearly enough or modifying my eating habits such that to warrant weight loss. that really was not the goal. the goal was to get me in the habit of doing something physical everyday and technically i did something physical yesterday but im not counting that as exercise. 

the goal was to also tighten up from the first 20 lbs i lost at the end of last year. that goal was not achieved and what i didnt notice before has become blaringly obvious, the cellulite on my thighs. im going to get some firming lotion on that and see how well that helps. 

so today im just going to do some crunches and spend some time with my weights and call it a day. i didn't sleep well last night so i am in no mood for running or pilates...

6 thought(s):

T said...

It's OOOOOOOOOO KAYYYYYYYYY. You're doing great!

The only thing that'll give you instant results is walking a lot. Your calfs will be tight to def and you can showcase them in a sexy heel of your choice. :)

Try it!

antithesis said...

@ T- thanks for all your support. yea, i need to get on that walking thing. where is my pedometer?

Product Junkie Diva said...

you are doing a great job...i just put that at the end of yesterdays post.
keep up the great work and do what you can. Results wont come overnight but they will come.
product junkie diva

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Yeah, I agree with T and PJD - don't get discouraged. You'll see results soon enough. Just keep doing what you're doing. Keep up the good work! :-)

Product Junkie Diva said...

I just voted for what I would like to see more of on your blog...can you guess which one I picked?...lol I can be do predictable sometimes.
PRoduct Junkie Diva

Phyllis Bourne said...

Hang in there. Keep being consistent and the result will come.