in with the new

Monday, January 4, 2010

it's a new year and i thought i'd start my blog off with a new product. i had the opportunity to try a new brand. isnt that always exciting? by now, i think you have heard of MIXED CHICKS. if not, you can visit their website where they sell products with multi-racial people in mind but it's really for everyone. seriously, u need not be biracial or anything. i consider myself "regular black" but this product works just as well on my hair as on the ladies who created it.

i had the pleasure of trying out the leave-in conditioner courtesy of megsmakeup.com (she sent me a 10 oz. bottle completely FREE; if you would like an invite to the site, let me know). the curl-defining formula was excellent for my braidout. i wouldnt just apply it to my damp hair and go since i have a relaxer now but i imagine it would have been perfect when my hair was natural. if only i'd discovered it sooner. i know PJD would not be pleased to know that there are 3 parabens in the ingredients so i thought i'd throw that info out there right away. among the bad stuff there is still jojoba oil, safflower oil, and primerose oil. does anyone know what crosilk is? me neither.

anyway. i used it for a braidout and i was pleased so i do recommend it. my hair doesnt feel stiff or sticky or greasy. just well-moisturized and full of bouncy curls.

3 thought(s):

Product Junkie Diva said...

LOL you're funny with that paraben info. You made me look up crosilk..lol it is "A high foaming, nonionic surfactant based, light duty, liquid detergent" as mentioned on some site.
Glad it worked out well for you, I have been meaning to try something from mixed chicks.
I think you sent me the invitation to megsmakeup.com.......right? I think I signed up I dont remember what happened with that, so I will look into it.
Thanks for the great review.
PJD

T said...

I've heard Mixed Chicks is awesomeness. I'll have to check it out.

weight-loss.58 said...

This is exactly what I've been looking for.Really amazing one.Actually I have been wondering about this topic,so thanks for writing.Thanks again.Keep blogging.